Saturday, March 12, 2005

Life With a Pastry Chef


Pear Charlotte chez Benoit
Originally uploaded by ajkinik.
People often ask me, "What's it like living with a pastry chef?" Well, as Michelle is wont to point out, she's not a pastry chef (yet). Those who haven't seen me in a while ask me if it's been affecting my waistline. Things haven't changed that drastically over the last few months. In many ways, things aren't all that different from the way they'd been for a couple of years before Michelle entered pastry school. She was baking and canning like a fiend back then, too.

More than anything, it means we always have beautiful Michelle-made (sometimes at school, sometimes at home) desserts on offer when people come over for dinner, and when we get invited over for dinner, well...

Here's the Pear Charlotte that we brought over to Benoit's for his "I'm going away to Mexico" dinner. Michelle had made it earlier that day.

ak

No comments: